Medical School: New York University, New York
Residency: University of California, San Francisco, Calfornia
Board-certified in Radiation Oncology
- Calypso 4D Treatment Localization
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Xofigo (Radium 223) Radionuclide Infusion
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- LDR Brachytherapy
Dr. Takamiya joined the Tumor Institute Radiation Oncology group in 2004. He practices at Swedish Cancer Institute at Edmonds alongside Dr. Skyler Lindsley. In addition to conventional external beam radiation therapy, he works with several of the local urologists to treat patients with prostate seed brachytherapy. Dr. Takamiya also is experienced in Xofigo (Radium 223) treatment for prostate cancer bone metastases.
Dr. Takamiya grew up in Hawaii. In his free time, he and his wife and three children enjoy traveling and often return home to visit family in Honolulu.