Medical School: University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Residency: Stanford University, Palo Alto, California
Board-certified in Radiation Oncology
- Gamma Knife
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- LDR and HDR Brachytherapy
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Xofigo (Radium 223) Radionuclide Infusion
- Yittrium-90 Therasphere Radioembolization for Liver Tumor
I enjoy working with patients and family members. There are a wide variety of treatment options available for nearly every patient, so it is important to spend as much time as is needed in order to weight the benefits and risks to any particular approach. I feel that it is important that communication is open and honest. The goals of treatment, whether for cure or maximizing quality of life, should be openly discussed and re-discussed as the need arises.
Dr. Mehta practices at our Swedish Cancer Institute First Hill Campus. He has broad clinical interests including Gastrointestinal Tumors, Head and Neck Cancers, tumors of the Brain and Central Nervous System, and Lung Cancer. He has developed our Y90 Therasphere program for the treatment of tumors of the liver. He is also the director of the Center for Advanced Targeted Radiation Therapy.